Posting Title: Associate Programme Officer, P2 (Temporary Job Opening)
Location: Beijing, China
Application Due Date: 27 January 2022
This position is located in Beijing, People's Republic of China. The Associate Programme Officer reports to the Programme Officer of UN Global Compact. The focus of this job is the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programmes, operations and other activities for the Project entitled “Implementing 2030 Agenda through UNGC Action Platform on Sustainable Infrastructure for the Belt and Road Initiative to Accelerate the Sustainable Development Goals.”
Within delegated authority, the Associate Programme Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
• Works with key clients to facilitate the development, implementation and evaluation of the United Nations Peace and Development Fund project on “Implementing 2030 Agenda through the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC) Action Platform on Sustainable Infrastructure for the Belt and Road Initiative (BRI) to Accelerate the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)”, etc.; monitors and analyzes specific aspects of programme/project development and implementation; prepares relevant documents and reports; identifies problems and issues to be addressed and recommends corrective actions; liaises with relevant parties; identifies and tracks follow-up actions.
• Carries out basic research on selected aspects of programmes, operations and other activities, etc., to include collecting, analyzing and presenting statistical data and other information gathered from diverse sources.
• Provides substantive support for policy coordination and evaluation functions, including the review and analysis of emerging issues and trends on sustainable infrastructure related to BRI investments (Belt and Road Initiative), participation in evaluations or research activities and studies.
• Assists in performing consulting assignments, in collaboration with key stakeholders and partners, by planning facilitating workshops, through other interactive sessions and assisting in developing the action plan to manage the change.
• Participates in survey initiatives; lead design of data collection tools; issues data collection tools, reviews, analyzes and interprets responses, identifies problems/issues and prepares preliminary conclusions.
• Contributes to the preparation of various written outputs, e.g. draft background papers, analytical notes, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, etc.
• Provides administrative and substantive support to consultative and other meetings, conferences, etc., to include proposing agenda topics, identifying and proposed participants, preparation of background documents and presentations, handling logistics, etc.
• Undertakes outreach activities and recruitment of corporate participants for the Action Platform on “Sustainable Infrastructure for the BRI to accelerate the SDGs”; participates in the development of training workshops, seminars, etc.; participates in and makes presentations on assigned topics/activities.
• Participates in field missions, including provision of substantive and administrative support, data collection, etc.
• Coordinates activities related to budget funding (programme/project preparation and submissions, progress reports, financial statements, etc.) and preparation of related documents/reports (pledging, work programme, programme budget, etc.).
• Performs other duties, as required.
An advanced university degree (Master's degree or equivalent degree) in business administration, management, economics or a related field is required. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
A first-level university degree and no experience will be accepted for candidates who have passed the United Nations Young Professionals Programme Examination (YPP), the United Nations National Competitive Recruitment Examination (NCRE) or the General Service to Professional Examination (G to P).
A minimum of two years of progressively responsible experience in project or programme management, project administration, or a related area, is required. (No experience is required for candidates who have passed the United Nations Young Professionals Programme Examination (YPP), the United Nations Competitive Recruitment Examination (NCRE) or the G to P Examination (G to P).
• Experience collaborating with the private sector is desirable.
• Experience with policy engagement and formulation is desirable.
• Experience with project monitoring and evaluation is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the UN Secretariat. For this position, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of Chinese is desirable.
Posting Title: Communication and Content Intern
Location: Shanghai/Beijing, China
The Communication and Content Intern will work on the UN Global Compact China Operations Team to provide assistance in promoting the UN Global Compact’s public recognition and branding in general. The main tasks are to maintain the conventional and social media channels, including content creation and management; to assist in marketing communications and campaigns for promotion and recruitment purposes; to support in content research, consolidation and creation needed to localize and execute China strategy and programs; to assist in the preparation, edition and designing of the publications and promotional materials; and to conduct assigned marketing research and outreach communication.
TERMS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Create, develop and edit design products, such as social medial graphics, infographics and other visuals for publications, campaigns and events, in accordance with UN Global Compact design standards and policies;
● Assist to prepare, create and maintain the visual and editorial content for UN Global Compact’s media and communication interfaces, including official Chinese website and Chinese social media;
● Assist to design and implement marketing campaigns to stakeholders for promoting UN Global Compact's brand, events and for motivating recruitment;
● Create and develop video materials and print designs;
● Support with communication and branding tasks associated with events, conferences, meetings, workshops, seminars/webinars, etc., and assist in the events preparation and delivery;
● Research on given corporate social responsibility and sustainability topics and formulate messages for presentation, communication and/or branding purposes;
● Collect, compare and analyze data and information and generate productive outcomes for the marketing communication purpose;
● Assist in translation of documents and publications from English to Mandarin, and vice versa, individually or in cooperation with translation partners;
● Perform other tasks as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
The successful candidate must meet the following requirements:
● Enrolled at least in an undergraduate program, graduate program is preferred;
● Enrolled in the final academic year of undergraduate/graduate program during internship fulfillment;
● Majored in Marketing, Communication, Media, Journalism, Design, and equivalent subjects;
● Previous work experience in the desired fields is a good add-on, preferably within an international organization and/or the function of corporate social responsibility;
● Proficiency in English, both oral and writing, is required;
● Excellent business writing, editorial and translating skills;
● Self-driven, can-do, eager-to-learn and details-oriented attitudes;
● Well-organizing, task-prioritizing, punctuality and multi-tasking work ability;
● Knowledge and experience in website and social media design and maintenance is a must;
● Proficient in Microsoft Word tools, and knowledge in graphic design tools (e.g. Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Premiere, In-Design, Acrobat, etc.) is desired.
● Duration: at least 3 months with the possibility of a 3-month extension;
● 3 days per week as a minimum;
● This is an unpaid internship and insurance needs to be self-handled;
● Please include the following application materials in email submission to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Internship - Communication and Content”:
- Resume/CV (bilingual)
- Cover Letter (stating why and how you will fit in this internship)
- Portfolio is highly recommended
● Minimum internship duration and starting date;
● Only highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.